« Little Trees • Home • Carrot Bouquet »
Well, I was supposed to be reorganizing that nightmare we call our "pantry" today, but the Husband requested cupcakes, so cupcakes he got.
Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides while mixing. Add egg whites and mix at high speed until fluffy and smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
Fill liners 1/2 full of batter. Do not overfill. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes in pans then remove from pan, and place on wire racks to cool completely.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat the butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add confectioners' sugar slowly, while mixing in melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
You Got Your Chocolate in my Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Measure out everything but the eggs directly into your mixer bowl.
2. Mix on low speed just until incorporated.
3. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs, beat on high speed again for 2 minutes.
Measure out into cupcake pan lined with cupcake papers, about 1/2 full. Bake for about 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes in the pan then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
Place the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on medium-low speed until creamy, scraping down the bowl with a rubber spatula as you work. Add the cream and beat on high speed until the mixture is light and smooth.
The Reese's cup
chocolate/peanut butter cupcake recipe is huge, made 24 full size cupcakes with batter enough left over for a pan of minis, too. These, by the Girlchild's request, received only a coating of powdered sugar.
Now, who is going to help us eat all these damned things??